Sports Writer/Outdoor-Recreation Editor, The Observer- August 2016 - January 2017
- Provided complete and accurate local/state sports and outdoor coverage for both print and online media. Stories published in three print issues a week.
- Designed newspaper layout for sports and outdoor section.
- Co-hosted weekly sports podcast. Provided live Twitter feeds to fan base.
- Dedicated team member who treats news, features, and other events with passion and thrives within the deadline intense 24/7 newsroom environment.
Charles Snowden Reporter Intern, Baker City Herald - June 2016 - August 2016
- Wrote feature stories on breaking news from annual events to Oregon mining.
- Key team member for copy editing in AP style.
Associate Editor/Features Writer, Ethos Magazine - September 2013 - April 2016
- Led story groups, guided young writers and copy edited their work.
- Worked with editor to create long-form feature stories that explored Eugene culture.
- Pitched stories that were written on a tight deadline
Administration Reporter, Daily Emerald - January 2016 - April 2016
- Interviewed members of University of Oregon administration, faculty, and students.
- Researched the effects of long-term tuition increases.
- Breaking news specialist.
Features Writer, Flux Magazine - December 2015 - June 2016
- Wrote an award-recognized story on controversial Native American school mascots in Oregon.
- Traveled to rural Oregon to interview subjects and develop the story on-site.
- Worked closely with photographers and designers to put the piece together.
- Copy edited with peers
Social Media/Videographer, Kai USA - June 2015 - December 2015
- Produced product video for nationally recognized sport knife brands.
- Edited content using Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Produced and conducted video interviews with various knife designers.
- Social Media interaction with brands fan base via Twitter and Periscope.
Sportswriter, FishDuck.com - April 2015 - June 2015
- Wrote informative profile pieces on overlooked UO student athletes.
- Was responsible for one quality feature article every week.
- Formatted articles and pictures using WordPress.
- Selected as 2016 Snowden Internship recipient for Excellence in Journalism
- Nationally recognized - Third place for Associated Collegiate Press feature story of the year
University of Oregon
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Class of 2016
- Windows/Mac OS Platforms, MS Office, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe InDesign, WordPress
- Proficient within all Social/Digital media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope
- Strong foundation with digital photography and video
- Available upon request